Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer in New York

Last week I had the opportunity to travel to NY with my husband. As an added bonus our college-age son, Riley, decided to come along.What a blast we had!  We began by flying into Albany to visit my husband's daughter, our son-in-law, and our two granddaughters...I even got there in time to go to Molly's end-of-year kindergarten program.
After  a day in Albany, it was on to NYC...and a visit with our daughter Sarah and her fiance. We spent a day walking through Central Park, midtown, and the Upper East Side where she lives. We ended the day with drinks on the rooftop of the New York Athletic Club...so much fun!
Tim and I at the Fountain
Sarah and me
Sarah and Riley
Tim, me, Francis (the fiance), Sarah, Riley, JP (Riley's roommate)
On Saturday Tim. Sarah, Francis, and I went to Westchester, NY to have lunch with Francis' parents at the Yacht Club while Riley and JP went to the Belmont Racetrack for the Triple Crown races.
Sarah and I at the Yacht  Club
Riley (aka Rory McElroy) having fun at the races
On Sunday we decided to stay "Downtown"...walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, went to Ground Zero, Wall Street, Battery Park, and South Street Seaport.
Riley and Sarah resting on Wall Street
Brunch on Stone Street in the Wall Street area
Riley and JP on Brooklyn Bridge
We headed back home Monday after a fun-filled weekend!!


1 comment:

  1. I was just blog hopping (haha that sounds crazy) this evening and came across you blog. I love the theme of it. I'm your newest follower :) Thanks for sharing the pictures. I absolutely LOVE seeing real pictures of the teachers I read about. It gives blogs the more "personal" connection. It looks like you had a great trip. I actually was born in NYC, but left when I was a year old. I've been back once (but only for 3 hours, so that doesn't really count ha), and would love to go back again!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete