Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Math Workstations

                Chapter 1
I had a really difficult class this past year, and I am ashamed to say that I did a completely terrible job utilizing workstations in Math (as you will see from my answers)! I really plan on doing a better job next year!
  1.  Materials used by the teacher first, then placed in the station: Most of the time :)
  2. Materials do not change weekly, but rather changed to reflect the students learning objectives:  I  switched out my materials each 9 week period to go along with the skills I was teaching and had already taught, but  most of the concepts and tasks remain consistent...I plan to do much better next year!
  3. All students go to stations daily:  Nope...I was lucky if I got to it 2 days a week :(
  4. Materials are differentiated:  Need to work on this too
  5. The teacher observes work or meets with differentiated math groups: Sometimes...





2 comments:

  1. You have the right start. I am looking forward to seeing how you organized your materials. Thanks for posting. vgw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up with us! We all get hit with that differentiation one(present company included)!!! OUCH! Thanks again!

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete